So I threw down the gauntlet to Birchbox in my last post, and I think the challenge was answered! I’m pretty happy with my January 2014 Birchbox. (Truth be told, I peeked at the website yesterday, so I knew what would be in the box).
- Klorane gentle dry shampoo
- Whish Three Wishes body butter in pomegranate
- 100% Pure Fruit pigmented mascara in black tea
- Paula’s Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster (vitamin C, E & ferulic acid–whatever the hell that is–face treatment)
- 3 Ahmad tea samples (English, mint, and blackcurrant burst)
The body butter has a great, slightly sweet, fruity scent. I always can use dry shampoo and mascara. (I didn’t realize the brand I got comes in colors & I’m curious about the blackberry…)
My one gripe…the face treatment sample is super small (not as small as the lip stuff last month, but still pretty tiny. Less than half as tall as the sample mascara, and half of that is the cap). Products like this are hard to get a feel for in one or two uses, but I guess you can see if you like the texture, smell, blah blah blah.
Bottom line: I will use everything this month! I see that next month is a collaboration with Us Weekly (I subscribe and I feel like I’m 90 every time I open it b/ I don’t know who the hell anyone is anymore), so we’ll see how that goes…