Since I received notice today that my January 2014 Birchbox has shipped, I figured no time like the present (aka one month late…) to share what was in my December Birchbox. December was my second or third box, and I must confess I’ve been on the fence about continuing because the samples have been small and/or not really for me. December didn’t help.
Packaging is consistently lovely. The boxes are about the size of a greeting card and great for storing odds and ends.
And underneath the tissue…
- SuperSmile lip treatment (the smallest possible (think thimble) sized sample you could ever imagine)
- One Twistband brand hair tie
- Two packets of NUXE Reve de Miel brand face wash
- Color Club brand nail polish in Baldwin Blues
- TONI&GUY brand sea salt hair texturizing spray (I’ve been wanting to try this kind of product)
The lip treatment sample is laughable, (you’ll be shocked to know I’ve somehow misplaced it), but I liked the hair product. The nail polish was pretty good. If I saw this packaged on a store shelf for $10, would I buy it? Probably not. But there’s something to be said for being exposed to new products.
Everybody gets different contents with Birchbox, so spoilers can get your hopes up (and I’ve already talked about the dangers of being too hopeful).
Birchbox needs to wow me this month, or I think it’s adios…