I’ve continued to keep my mail carrier (and wallet…) busy with subscription boxes this week, but today I want to heap on the praise (it doesn’t happen often so enjoy it while it lasts) for one of the best subscription box experiences I’ve had to date: BarkBox.
I gifted my sister a 3-month subscription for the holidays because she recently adopted a puppy. I wanted it to be a surprise and wondered if this was suitable for puppies (along with 99,000 other annoying questions), so I emailed customer service before I bought anything. Customer service was very prompt and helpful (I’m a newbie but I can tell you that’s rare), so kudos, Barkbox!
Short story long, the box arrived yesterday, and I grilled my sister for the details. The box is personalized based on the dog size you select (small, medium, large), and I picked medium based on my sister’s dog’s weight.
December’s contents included:
- Rabbit, dandelion and apple “Hare of the Dog” brand treats (From my sister: “I gave the puppy one, and she sat by the fridge whining until I gave her another!)
- “Plato” turkey and cranberry treats
- A “Play” brand squeaky toy
- “Wet Noses” treats (organic and free of wheat, corn and soy)
- A “Barkworthies” 100% beef chew (which apparently kept the pup busy for a whole hour!)
- A good sized peanut butter cookie.
Cost is $29/month for month-to-month subscription (3-month is a little less), and there are coupon codes aplenty online to save even more.
It was a total hit! (“Anytime I go near the fridge she runs over to see if I’ll grab the Barkbox”). Awwwwww
It’s probably not great to feed your dog a zillion different treats, but my sister felt these were all high-quality. She also appreciated that the toy was made right here in the ol’ US of A.
Since this is veering dangerously close to actual non-bitterness, I’ll end by asking where the hell I can find the human version of BarkBox??